- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
CELEBRATE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE IN FEBRUARY
February is a month that provides a lot of opportunities to start over or even continue a healthy lifestyle.
Maybe you started the New Year with too many goals to improve your health and found that you were overwhelmed with trying to accomplish all of them. The key to any improvement program is this...keep it simple! Try these tips in order to realign your goals for 2012 and stay healthy. Include weight loss in your plans.
- Be realistic about your goals. Keep it simple when you start.
- Healthy weight loss is a slow, steady process. Don't make unrealistic goals that you can't achieve. Dr. Sabeti will help you set up a healthy nutritional program that will guide you toward your goals.
- It is more important to focus on the process of changing your lifestyle. A little exercise every day is the process that you are looking to establish in order to develop a healthy lifestyle. Walk during your breaks at work. Better yet, find a walking partner so that both of you can commit to helping each other achieve your goals.
- Have long- and short-term goals. Achieving the small goals will help you attain the big goal you have in either weight loss or just becoming healthier.
- Write your goals down. Keep a "health" diary. What did you do today that improved your health? It could be as simple as walking for 15-20 minutes or even selecting a side salad instead of French fries for lunch.
- Be flexible. There will be times when you slip. Maybe you are faced with a holiday, an office party, or a family get-together. Make a plan before the big events and see how you can creatively cut out calories or slip in a quick walk to burn some calories.
And speaking of a holiday with the temptation of sweets, Valentine's Day is almost upon us. What a better way to pamper yourself or a loved one and reap the benefits of a healthy activity than to schedule a massage. Remember, Dr. Sabeti also schedules in-home visits as well as scheduled appointments in her office.
A massage helps improve the blood flow and causes the body to release endorphins which are the body's natural pain killers. Massage helps relieve stress and anxiety and helps improve your range of motion. Stretching the muscles helps to improve the health of the entire body. If you have done too much strenuous exercise, massage therapy helps reduce the inflammation in the muscles and increases engery sources in the muscles. Significant improvement in the muscles can be felt after only 10 minutes of massage. The effects of massage help boost the immune system of your body so that it can fight off the harmful effects of the t-cells in your body. Imagine...a healthy activity for your body, and all you have to do is lie there and relax your mind and body with the nurturing touch of your massage therapist.
Take the first simple steps this month toward develoing a healthier YOU. Schedule a relaxing massage and also have Dr. Sabeti help you develop a nutritional and weight loss program. Be kind to yourself and have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Make an appointment with Dr. Sabeti using the Special Offers and Coupons which are listed on this website.